background

Friday, August 10, 2012

Project Friday? & a B2S freebie

Well, I did NOT go to my classroom yesterday...other than to pick up a few things that needed to be laminated. Needless to say, I did NOT tackle the monster that was "Project Thursday" (cleaning up & putting away those last few things covering my guided reading table and students' desks). Darn procrastination...

However, I DID make an eventful trip to my local teacher supply store to pick up some last minute things! (Shopping is sooo much more fun than cleaning, right peeps?)


I now have everything ready for my new firsties...I hope:)
Clip chart (we shall see how that goes....)
"Dinosaur" classroom volume reference poster (maybe I'll blog about this idea soon...if it works...and my principal likes it)
fun math reference posters
 sticky pockets for the Teeny Tiny Teacher's Gold Tags (LOVE this idea!)
 desk nameplate covers
and Welcome postcards.
Yep, I think that about covers it!

By the way, how much do y'all love Creative Teaching Press?? I recently ordered some things of theirs that I could not find at the supply store, and a certain carrier lost my package. They (the carrier) were most unhelpful in recovering said package, claiming that it had been delivered (liars!) and there was nothing they could do...but CTP (especially Cheryl through Customer Service, thank you so much!) offered to reship the entire order! I'm telling you...THAT is customer service!
I will most definitely be ordering through their website again, and I think you all should as well! Just sayin' :)

I also spent the better half of my afternoon printing & laminating maaannnny units I had purchased awhile back (but never printed), and that got me inspired to make this:

click on the pic above to go to Google Docs for your copy!


Just a little activity for alphabet and number (0-9) practice/review to go along with a favorite, "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom".
Many of you may think this is strictly a Kindergarten story, but I found last year that my firsties loved hearing it again, and this little activity would be a great way to link an informal assessment of what your kids remember from Kindergarten to a literature classic!

I forget just how little those brand-new first-graders are...and I'm not just talkin' 'bout their size!
They come to us with only the knowledge of their first formal year of school! It's gonna be awhile before they are writing paragraphs and reading chapter books independently (for most of them).
So, I thought this might be a fun activity they can do alone, or with a partner, while I observe or assess other students.
If you think this might be something you can use, please feel free to download and do so!

And, I have a favor to ask those of you who make freebies and the like for your TpT stores...how do you make a hyperlink active for a PDF document? I have tried and can't figure it out:(
If you can help me, just shoot me an email! Thanks!

Okay, enough procrastination... I must finish my room.
TODAY.
Wish me luck:)
Are your rooms student-ready?? Let me know below!!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a great activity, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! I was beginning to wonder if it was useful to anyone but me...:) Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete