background

Sunday, August 19, 2012

I have my work CUT out for me:)

Actually, I wish I did!
I wish there was some magical Scissor Fairy that would come and cut all this laminated material that I just thought I needed this week!
Here's what I'll be doing all day:

Good thing we go to church on Saturday nights, because I never would have made it today!!

I don't have a Freebie for you, but I'm going to direct you to a great one I found by total accident.
Have you ever looked at the traffic sources for visitors to your blog? I never paid much attention, but then I was playing around with all the settings and found there is a way to view where many visitors to your blog are coming from! One of the sites was Mrs. Heeren's Happenings. Super cute blog!

Jessica Heeren teaches 2nd Grade, but I have found that many of her uh-mazing ideas will transfer well to first----especially her Cookie Compliments!

Many of you have seen the "Brownie Points" whole group reward a time or two.
I don't know what it is, but I cannot embrace this "cute" idea, when all I think about is the origin of this phrase. Brownie Points? I envision seven-year-olds with brown noses...and the brown comes from, well you know....
So, as cute as some have made this phrase work in their classroom, I just can't do it.
It appears that Jessica also uses this reward method...but in her freebie mini-pack she also includes "Cookie Compliments"!
I {heart} this idea! I mean, who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies:)
Our school has a wellness policy, so chocolate chip cookies aren't really encouraged as a snack or treat...but cookies made out of card stock and laminated? I think they're going to have a tough time arguing with that!
If you want to find out more about this whole group reward, click on the pic of her packet cover, and it will take you straight to her blog where she offers it for FREE!

I plan on keeping the reward cards in a large manila envelope and putting the "cookies" in an empty Toll House cookie dough tub:) I can't wait to see how my Firsties react to this!
I hope a few of you like this idea as much as I do, and check out Jessica's blog, if you're not already familiar with her.
2 more days, and I have a room full of kiddos....yikes! I better get to cuttin' :)
Happy Sunday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment